International Order of The King’s Daughters and Sons
34 Vincent Ave, Chautauqua Institution, Chautauqua, NY 14722
Learn & Discern Internship Program
Brand Marketing Internship
Internship Program Partners and Place
The International Order of the King’s Daughters and Sons (IOKDS.org) is a nondenominational, Christian service organization whose mission includes spiritual and career discernment and development of young adults at the Chautauqua Institution since 1920.
The Chautauqua Institution (Chq.org), NY, is a festival for the mind, body, and spirit where we listen, learn, and lead. Over 100,000 people make up this summer community of curious minds and open hearts. David McCullough, renowned historian author, describes Chautauqua saying, “There is no place like it. It is at once a summer encampment and a small town, a college campus, an arts colony, a music festival, a religious retreat and the village square.”
IOKDS, and Chautauqua believe deeply in the value of life-long learning and holistic development of individuals.
Live in the culturally rich environment of the Chautauqua Institution with many “off-hours” opportunities to engage in recreation, entertainment, the arts, and religion. It’s a “workation!”
If you are interested in making a difference in the nonprofit world, this internship will offer you a sense of inter-generational community like no other. If you are a team player, this internship provides you opportunities to collaborate with volunteers and other interns. If you have diverse interests and can see yourself jumping in to learn and discern, this internship is for you.
Likely projects could include… (Project responsibilities vary each year based on intern’s skills and interests as well as nonprofit needs.)
• Develop a brand strategy and guide to ensure a consistent brand image and positive message delivery;
• Create organization tag line to offset the long organizational name branding obstacle;
• Elevate brand awareness in Silver Cross magazine, annual report, and website;
• Create an ad for the Silver Cross magazine and website announcing 2020 opportunity for marketing intern to develop a membership growth campaign
Who are we looking for?
• Creative and analytical individual passionate about learning and service
• Undergraduate having completed a minimum of one upper level course in their career field such as communications, marketing;
• Stellar written and verbal communication skills
• Strong knowledge of web applications and basic MS office software
• Photography and video skills a plus using intern’s own equipment
• Knowledge and interest in graphic design a plus
Details about the role
• 120-150 hours total beginning the third week of June, 2019.
• 30 hours/week. Flexibility of daily schedule.
• Intern will use his/her own laptop.
• Unpaid; however, Chautauqua Institution gate pass for admission to most events, housing, and food allowance are provided. Upon completion of internship, opportunity to apply for a scholarship award.
• Informal access to network with business professionals, executives, and clergy on the Chautauqua Institution grounds
• Opportunity to gain academic credit from your college/university with weekly, mentored career development seminars provided by IOKDS.
• Additional educational components include: 1) Attend four morning lectures given at the Chautauqua Institution’s national platform or the Department of Religion’s afternoon lecture and write a reflection of the lecture; 2) Interview with Chautauqua Institution web master our marketing professional with prepared questions; written summary of interview.
It’s best to apply today! (No later than May 1, 2019)
• Submit cover email telling us what you have to offer and what you hope to gain along with your resume.
• If completing internship for academic credit, send a goals and objectives statement, so we can make sure this opportunity aligns with your requirements.