International Order of The King’s Daughters and Sons
34 Vincent Ave, Chautauqua Institution, Chautauqua, NY 14722
Learn & Discern Internship Program
(Internship Guaranteed: In 2020 Successfully Pivoted to a Virtual Internship. Should COVID-19 Pandemic Persist in 2021 We Will Offer Our Program Virtually)
Business Marketing/Website Communication
Goal: Invite website visitor to experience our nonprofit brand
- Website (Word Press) content management with edits to demonstrate and elevate our mission story
- Leverage keywords in written content
- Create inbound links to website
- Update Google My Business listing
- Write four blogs
Internship Program Partners and Place
The International Order of the King’s Daughters and Sons (iokds.org) is an all-denominational, Christian service organization whose mission includes spiritual and career discernment and development of young adults at the Chautauqua Institution since 1920.
The Chautauqua Institution (chq.org), NY, is a festival for the mind, body, and spirit where we listen, learn, and lead. Over 100,000 people make up this summer community of curious minds and open hearts. David McCullough, renowned historian author, describes Chautauqua saying, “There is no place like it. It is at once a summer encampment and a small town, a college campus, an arts colony, a music festival, a religious retreat and the village square.”
IOKDS and Chq believe deeply in the value life of long learning and holistic development of individuals.
Live in the culturally rich environment of the Chautauqua Institution with many “off-hours” opportunities to engage in recreation, entertainment, the arts, and religion. It’s a “workation!”
If you are interested in making a difference in the nonprofit world, this internship will offer you a sense of inter-generational community like no other. If you are a team player, this internship provides you opportunities to collaborate with volunteers and other interns. If you have diverse interests and can see yourself jumping in to learn and discern, this internship is for you. Check out our IOKDS Learn & Discern Youtube video https://www.youtube.com IOKDS Chautauqua
Who are we looking for?
- Strong knowledge of website applications, WordPress and basic MS office software
- Analytical thinking Individual passionate about learning and service
- Undergraduate having completed a minimum of one upper level course in their career field such as communications, marketing
Details about the role
- 180 hours total beginning June 14, 2021.
- 30 hours/week. Flexibility of daily schedule.
- June 14 – June 18 Virtual Orientation (Zoom Conferencing)
- Unpaid; however, Chautauqua Institution gate pass for admission to most events, housing, and food allowance are provided (a $3800 value). Upon completion of internship, opportunity to apply for a $1000 scholarship award.
- Informal access to network with business professionals, executives, and clergy on the Chautauqua Institution grounds
- Opportunity to gain academic credit from your college/university with weekly, mentored career development seminars provided by IOKDS.
- Additional educational components include: 1) Attend four morning lectures given at the Chautauqua Institution’s national platform or the Department of Religion’s afternoon lecture; 2) Interview with Chautauqua Institution web master or digital marketing employee with prepared questions; written summary of interview; 3) Develop and present a PowerPoint about your internship accomplishments for a group of IOKDS supervisors and officers.
It’s best to apply now! (No later than May 1, 2021)
- Submit cover email telling us what you have to offer and what you hope to gain with your resume.
- If completing internship for academic credit, send a goals and objectives statement, so we can make sure this opportunity aligns with your requirements.