International Order of The King’s Daughters and Sons
34 Vincent Ave, Chautauqua Institution, Chautauqua, NY 14722
Learn & Discern Internship Program
(Internship Guaranteed: In 2020 Successfully Pivoted to a Virtual Internship Program. Should COVID-19 Pandemic Persist in 2021 We Will Offer Our Program Virtually)
Customer and Donor Relations Management 2021 Summer Internship
Goal: Enhance member and donor relationships for our nonprofit organization.
- Update contact information data for former scholarship recipients suitable for entry in automated Customer Relations Management (CRM) system.
- Implement opportunity for former scholarship recipients to join IOKDS online as a Member-at-Large.
- Follow-up on 2020 Mail Chimp membership campaign involving former Chautauqua Scholars.
- Create 1 minute, generic thank you YouTube video to be emailed to new member when they join.
- Create 1 minute, generic, thank you YouTube video for to be emailed when donation received.
Internship Program and Place
The International Order of the King’s Daughters and Sons (iokds.org) is a nondenominational, Christian service organization whose mission includes spiritual and career discernment and development of young adults at the Chautauqua Institution since 1920.
The Chautauqua Institution (chq.org), NY, is a festival for the mind, body, and spirit where we listen, learn, and lead. Over 100,000 people make up this summer community of curious minds and open hearts. David McCullough, renowned historian author, describes Chautauqua saying, “There is no place like it. It is at once a summer encampment and a small town, a college campus, an arts colony, a music festival, a religious retreat and the village square.”
IOKDS and Chautauqua believe deeply in the value of life-long learning and holistic development of individuals.
Live in the culturally rich environment of the Chautauqua Institution with many “off-hours” opportunities to engage in recreation, entertainment, the arts, and religion. It’s a “workation!”
If you are interested in making a difference in the nonprofit world, this internship will offer you a sense of inter-generational community like no other. If you are a team player, this internship provides you opportunities to collaborate with volunteers and other interns. If you have diverse interests and can see yourself jumping in to learn and discern, this internship is for you. Check out our IOKDS Learn & Discern YouTube video https://www.youtube.com IOKDS Chautauqua
Who are we looking for?
- Tech savvy individual passionate about learning and service
- Undergraduate having completed a minimum of one upper level course in their career field such as marketing, donor relations, public relations, IT, nonprofit philanthropy
- Confidentiality and discretion required
- Balance of technical, critical thinking and communication skills
Details of the role
- 180 hours total beginning June 14, 2021.
- 30 hours/week. Flexibility of daily schedule.
- June 14 – June 18 Virtual Orientation (Zoom Conferencing)
- Intern will use IOKDS computer for data collection and file generation
- Unpaid; however, Chautauqua Institution gate pass for admission to most events, housing, and food allowance are provided (a $3800 value). Upon completion of internship, opportunity to apply for a $1000 scholarship award.
- Informal access to network with business professionals, executives, and clergy on the Chautauqua Institution grounds
- Opportunity to gain academic credit from your college/university with weekly, mentored career development seminars provided by IOKDS.
- Additional educational components include: 1) Attend four morning lectures given at the Chautauqua Institution’s national platform or the Department of Religion’s afternoon lecture and write a reflection of the lecture; 2) Interview with Chautauqua Institution donor development professional with prepared questions; written summary of interview; 3) Develop and present a PowerPoint about your internship accomplishments for a group of IOKDS supervisors and officers.
It’s best to apply today! (No later than May 1, 2021)
- Submit cover email telling us what you have to offer and what you hope to gain along with your resume.
- If completing internship for academic credit, send a goals and objectives statement, so we can make sure this opportunity aligns with your requirements.