Learn and Discern With Us
June 13-17, 2022 Virtual Orientation
June 19- July 23 Internship at Chautauqua Institution grounds, NY
Experiencing work in the non-profit sector and the role of faith in creating positive change is an incredible way to explore the potential direction of your future.
IOKDS is an international, intergenerational, interdenominational, Christian service organization whose mission includes personal development and career discernment for young adults.
Meet Former Intern
IOKDS interns live and work among diverse people and perspectives in the famous, lakeside community of the Chautauqua Institution in western New York. This internship is more than fulfilling a college requirement.
Housing & Food
- Welcome to Benedict House located in Chautauqua Institution’s National Historic Landmark Community. Interns enjoy Chautauqua’s front porch culture of conversation and camaraderie.
- The first floor is the IOKDS international headquarters office and kitchen.
- The second floor is the IOKDS Museum and a guest bedroom.
- Interns share bedrooms and baths on the third and fourth floors. Bedrooms are air conditioned. All linens are furnished. There are laundry facilities for intern use.
- Interns eat three meals per day with other Chautauqua interns and fine arts college student apprentices at Bellinger Hall cafeteria, a short walk from Benedict House.
Universities Our Interns Have Attended
Job descriptions posted on Handshake, Indeed, LinkedIn, and individual school career websites
- Houghton College, New York
- John Jay College, NYC
- Kent State University, Ohio
- Lawrence University, Wisconsin
- Macalester College, Minnesota
- Rochester Institute of Technology, New York
- St. Bonaventure University, New York
- SUNY @Fredonia, New York
- University of Evansville, Indiana
- Valparaiso University, Indiana
- Vassar College, New York
- Wheaton College, Massachusetts
Personal contact information is used only for the sole purpose of receiving official correspondence from IOKDS staff or Board of Directors. Our membership data base is not shared with any other group or organization.