HEALTH CAREERS SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
Since 1976 IOKDS awards annual Health Career Scholarships for students studying at a US or Canadian accredited college/university. We believe that contributing to the education of compassionate health care workers assists in fulfilling our IOKDS mission of caring for all God’s children of all age and circumstance through service In His Name.
Who is eligible?
- Medical and dental students who have completed their first professional year (pre-med students not eligible)
- Pharmacy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, and medical technology students who have completed a minimum of two years of study with preference to those in masters or doctorate degree programs
- Students studying to become registered nurses or nurse practitioners—Associate degree must have completed one year; bachelor or master’s degrees–must have completed two years of study
- Students are eligible for a maximum of three years with good academic standing and annual re-application.
How do I apply?
- From November 1 through March 1, email application requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org for scholarships to begin the following fall semester.
- Completed applications including recommendation letters and transcripts must be snail mailed to IOKDS, Health Careers Scholarship, P.O. Box 1040, Chautauqua, NY 14722
and postmarked no later than April 1.