NATIVE AMERICAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Since 1934 IOKDS had a concern about Native Americans’ living conditions, treaty rights, and post-secondary education. After World War II, IOKDS began lending a hand for education to Native American youth. Today IOKDS awards $1000 college tuition scholarships for study in the recipient’s field of choice.
Who is eligible?
- Must have documented, Tribal Registration Number; no restriction as to tribal affiliation or degree of Native American blood
- Enrolled in a technical, vocational, or college undergraduate program for a minimum of nine credit hours each semester or quarter
- Receiving no other IOKDS scholarship and no other family member receiving a scholarship in the same year
- Have a copy of acceptance letter from the school
How do I apply?
- From November 1 through March 1, for scholarships to begin the following fall semester, email application request to Native-Americanemail@example.com Application forms are not downloadable.
- Completed application forms, two letters of recommendation, an official transcript of applicant’s recent grades, a personal statement about plans for using your education, current photograph, and a self-addressed legal-sized stamped envelope must be submitted as a packet and postmarked no later than April 1.
When will scholarship awards be received?
- Awards are announced by June 15. A check is sent directly to the recipient’s school at the address provided by the recipient.