STUDENT MINISTRY SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
The International Order of The King’s Daughters and Sons believes in investing in the future leaders of the Christian church. Since 1970 IOKDS awarded over 1,350 scholarships for students studying for the Master of Divinity degree. These scholarships are supported entirely through contributions of its members and friends.
Typically, the Student Ministry Scholarship is $1000.00 for tuition only in a full academic year. Scholarships are renewable as well. This award is free of obligation on the part of the student except to serve with dedication.
Who is eligible?
- United States or Canadian citizen
- Full time graduate student attending a school or seminary accredited by the Association of Theological Schools in the US and Canada
- 3.0 (B) grade point average or better for all undergraduate and graduate courses
- Students in good standing may apply for scholarship renewal with a new application form, resume update, submitted by April 1 and official transcript received by mid-June.
How do I apply?
- Beginning December 1 submit email application request including your name, course of study, and seminary to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by traditional mail to: Norma Stack, Student Ministry Scholarship Director, 24854 Highway J, Mexico, MO 65265. Completed application and required documents must be postmarked no later than April 1.
- Write two essays: 1) Personal statement including family background and reasons for choosing Masters of Divinity study along with intentions for ministry following graduation. 2) Choose Bible verse writing about its significance for you.
- Two letters of recommendation which include their relationship to the student. May be emailed to the Director with the applicant name in the subject line.
- Official grade transcripts from most recent school. (photocopies not accepted). May be emailed to Director with applicant name in the subject line.
- Include stamped, self-addressed envelope in submission packet.
When are scholarships awarded?
- Funds are disbursed in August, payable to the account of the student at the school specified. Students are responsible to provide up-to-date personal and school addresses.
Meet several scholarship recipients
“I am learning so much about the ministry here and am growing deeper in my relationship with God.” Hailey Jacobson, Virginia Theology School.