International Order of The King’s Daughters and Sons
34 Vincent Ave, Chautauqua Institution, Chautauqua, NY 14722
Learn & Discern Internship Program
(Internship Guaranteed: In 2020 Successfully Pivoted to a Virtual Internship Program. Should COVID-19 Pandemic Persist in 2021 We Will Offer Our Program Virtually)
Social Media Marketing/Visual Communication Summer Internship
Goal: Create social media strategy with brand voice to grow nonprofit website traffic.
- Build daily social media channel strategy and track effectiveness for one month.
- Engage loyal social media followers.
- Create smart phone photography and video for social media posts to augment brand.
- Utilize free graphic design to enhance visual communications.
- Lead intern team in planning and implementing quick activation, social media giving campaign for IOKDS scholarships.
Internship Program Partners and Place
The International Order of the King’s Daughters and Sons (iokds.org) is an all- denominational, Christian service organization whose mission includes spiritual and career discernment and development of young adults at the Chautauqua Institution since 1920.
The Chautauqua Institution (chq.org), NY, is a festival for the mind, body, and spirit where we listen, learn, and lead. Over 100,000 people make up this summer community of curious minds and open hearts. David McCullough, renowned historian author, describes Chautauqua saying, “There is no place like it. It is at once a summer encampment and a small town, a college campus, an arts colony, a music festival, a religious retreat and the village square.”
IOKDS, and Chautauqua believe deeply in the value of life-long learning and holistic development of individuals.
Live in the culturally rich environment of the Chautauqua Institution with many “off-hours” opportunities to engage in recreation, entertainment, the arts, and religion. It’s a “workation!”
If you are interested in making a difference in the nonprofit world, this internship will offer you a sense of inter-generational community like no other. If you are a team player, this internship provides you opportunities to collaborate with volunteers and other interns. If you have diverse interests and can see yourself jumping in to learn and discern, this internship is for you. Check out our IOKDS Learn & Discern YouTube video www.YouTube.com IOKDS Chautauqua
Who are we looking for?
- Creative individual passionate about learning and service
- Social media savvy with digital photography and video skill
- Undergraduate having completed a minimum of one upper level course in their career field such as communications or marketing
Details about the role
- 180 hours total beginning June 14, 2021.
- 30 hours/week. Flexibility of daily schedule.
- June 14 – June 18 Virtual Orientation (Zoom Conferencing)
- Unpaid; however, Chautauqua Institution gate pass for admission to most events, housing, and food allowance are provided (a $3800 value). Upon completion of internship, opportunity to apply for a $1000 scholarship award.
- Informal access to network with business professionals, executives, and clergy on the Chautauqua Institution grounds
- Opportunity to gain academic credit from your college/university with weekly, mentored career development seminars provided by IOKDS.
- Additional educational components include: 1) Attend four morning lectures given at the Chautauqua Institution’s national platform or the Department of Religion’s afternoon lecture; 2) Interview with Chautauqua Institution marketing professional with prepared questions; written summary of interview; 3) Develop and present PowerPoint about your internship accomplishments before a group of IOKDS supervisors and officers.
It’s best to apply today! (No later than May 1, 2021)
- Submit cover email telling us what you have to offer and what you hope to gain along with your resume.
- If completing internship for academic credit, send a goals and objectives statement, so we can make sure this opportunity aligns with your requirements.