Student Ministry Scholarships
Transforming lives to their fullest capacity for physical, emotional, spiritual, social, and intellectual well-being.
Student Ministry Scholarship Department
The International Order of The King’s Daughters and Sons believes in investing in the future leaders of the Christian church. Since 1970 IOKDS awarded over 1,350 scholarships for students studying for the Master of Divinity degree. These scholarships are supported entirely through contributions of its members and friends.
Typically, the Student Ministry Scholarship is $1000.00 for tuition only in a full academic year. Scholarships are renewable as well. This award is free of obligation on the part of the student except to serve with dedication.
Who is Eligible
- United States or Canadian citizen
- Full time graduate student attending a school or seminary accredited by the Association of Theological Schools in the US and Canada
- B grade average or better for all undergraduate and graduate courses
- An official application must be requested and returned with all material to be considered for a scholarship. Students in good standing may reapply for a scholarship by requesting and submitting a renewal application, along with a resume update, a official transcript and this material must be submitted by March 1.
How Can I Apply?
- Request application from the Student Ministry Director at firstname.lastname@example.org beginning November 1 and must be returned or postmarked with all necessary documents by March 1.
- Write two essays: 1) Personal statement including family background and reasons for choosing Masters of Divinity study along with intentions for ministry following graduation. 2) Choose Bible verse writing about its significance for you.
- Receiving no other IOKDS scholarship and no other family member receiving a scholarship in the same year
- Two letters of recommendation which include their relationship to the student. May be emailed to the Director with the applicant name in the subject line.
- Official grade transcripts from the most recent school (photocopies not accepted) may be emailed to the Student Ministry Director from the school with the applicant’s name in the subject line.
From A Past Recipient
“I am learning so much about the ministry here and am growing deeper in my relationship with God.” Hailey Jacobson, Virginia Theology School.
Get In Touch
Personal contact information is used only for the sole purpose of receiving official correspondence from IOKDS staff or Board of Directors. Our membership data base is not shared with any other group or organization.
“It is the ultimate luxury to combine passion and contribution. It’s also a very clear path to happiness.”